St. Patrick's Community Hall
Hirer Categories 1 & 2
Hirer Categories 1 & 2
- This Agreement is made between The Diocese of Ballarat, St. Patrick’s School, Nhill “the School” and “the Hirer” as set out in the Schedule.
- The School agrees to allow the Hirer use of St. Patrick’s Community Hall (“the Hall”) on the date/s and time/s set out in the Schedule. The Hall is not available for hire during school hours, unless permission is granted by the Principal/Booking Officer.
- The Hirer agrees to pay to the School the hire fee as set out in the Schedule on page 1 PLUS a refundable bond (Condition 7).
- The Hirer agrees to reimburse the School for the full cost of repairing any damage caused to the Hall or facilities during the hire period.
- The Hirer agrees to notify the School of all incidents, injuries or damage arising out of the Hirer’s use of the Hall within seven (7) days of becoming aware of the incident, injury or damage, by completing the Incident/Injury/Damage Report on page 2 or completing the details in the Incident Report Book located in the hall (near the main exit) and delivering it to the school office at the Hirer’s first opportunity during school office hours.
- The Hirer acknowledges receipt of the Conditions for Hire of the Hall and agrees to the Conditions.
- Charges for the use of facilities must be paid at the time of making the booking, or, in the case of ongoing use by arrangement with the Principal/Booking Officer, during school office hours. A Tax Invoice will be provided to the Hirer. In addition to hire fees, a bond is to be paid on collection of the key, prior to the booking event. This bond will be returned to the Hirer on return of the key and inspection of the facility to the satisfaction of the Principal/Booking Officer. All records of bonds paid by hirers are maintained in a Bond Register. The key is to be returned to the school at the Hirer’s first opportunity during school office hours, or by prior arrangement if the hire event is during school holidays.
- The right is reserved to refuse to let the facilities at the discretion of the Principal/Booking Officer, in which case all monies paid will be refunded.
- Nothing is to be attached in any manner to the walls, floors, blinds or any part of the building, nor shall signs, scenery etc. be erected, including in the gardens, without the permission of the Principal/Booking Officer.
- The Hirer of the Hall and guests are confined to the Hall and its accompanying facilities. The hire does not extend to the school building, grounds, and playground unless prior permission has been sought from the Principal/Booking Officer. There is no vehicle access via the school grounds unless prior permission has been sought from the Principal/Booking Officer. The hire does not extend to school or parish owned electronic equipment e.g. data projector, audio equipment.
- The Hirer acknowledges that they have inspected the facilities and warrants that the facilities are suitable for the Hirer’s purpose.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer to obtain any necessary permits from the relevant authorities as required for the planned activities. This includes obtaining a Temporary Food Permit from Hindmarsh Shire Council Office if the Hirer intends preparing and selling food whilst hiring this facility. If entertainment is to be provided, it must be in keeping with the values and standards of the School.
- The School will not be responsible for the acts or omissions of contractors engaged by the Hirer. It is recommended that Hirers ensure all contractors (e.g. caterers) have public liability insurance.
- In case of any disputes arising, the decision of the Principal shall be final. The Principal, or their delegate, maintains the right of entry to the premises at all time, however, the privacy of the Hirer will be respected.
- No sales of any kind are permitted without prior approval.
- Sub-letting of facilities is not permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on school grounds and within four metres of the school entrance (any pedestrian access point) at any time, including in and around the Hall. (Tobacco Act 1987 (Vic))
- Noise (music etc.) must be contained within the requirements of Hindmarsh Shire Council.
- The Hirer is aware that the Hall is in a residential area and that all persons attending the Hall must refrain from any behaviour which could be reasonably construed as disturbing the neighbours or infringing on a person’s property and/or rights.
- Loss of keys may entail replacement of locks. This will be at the discretion of the Principal/Booking Officer and the cost is the responsibility of the Hirer. Should any damage occur, the Principal/Booking Officer’s assessment shall be final.
- Under no circumstances shall liquor be sold. Normal liquor regulations apply. Please check with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation. Alcohol is not to be served to guests under 18 years of age. Approval for the consumption of alcohol may be withheld at the discretion of the Principal/Booking Officer.
- The School accepts no responsibility for private property left in the Hall.
- Upon vacating the building the Hirer must sweep the hall floor using the dry mop provided, wash the kitchen floor (if hired) and toilet floors and ensure that all locks are locked upon leaving the building, including the connecting door between the all-access toilet and the hall. No food or drink may be left in the hall. All rubbish must be removed from the premises and taken away for appropriate disposal by the Hirer.
- In the event of an emergency, the Hirer agrees to follow the evacuation procedures located in the hall.
- The School is not liable to the Hirer for any loss suffered by the Hirer arising out of the Hirer’s use of the Hall. The Hirer releases the School from any claim made against the School arising out of, or in connection with, or caused by, the Hirer’s use of the Hall.
- The Hirer indemnifies the School from and against all claims, demands, actions, costs and expenses arising out of, in connection with, or caused by the Hirer’s use of the Hall.
- Prior to the commencement of the hire period the Hirer agrees to affect public liability insurance for an amount of not less than $10 million per occurrence and to provide a Certificate of Currency to the School. The Hirer agrees to keep the policy in force for the duration of the hire period.